Monday, September 15, 2014
Monday, September 8, 2014
This is an overview of teaching ideas for 7 weeks. The topics are from the beginning of Luke and Matthew. It is geared towards preschoolers and early elementary aged children in your home. (During the next 2 months I will be posting teaching ideas for these topics).
1. Mary Believed
2. Jesus is Born
3. The Shepherds Saw the Savior
4. Anna and Simeon Praised God
5. The Magi Looked For the Savior
6. Joseph Obeyed
7. Jesus Grew
Goals For The Teaching Series - for children to develop in their understanding and believing of:
- Jesus Christ’s birth and childhood
- People were looking for a savior
- Jesus Christ is the son of God
- People heard God’s Word and responded by believing and obeying
- God showed His love for us by sending His son to be the Savior
Friday, September 5, 2014
Recently On the Blog:
- This last month I posted a series for teaching Genesis 1, 2, & 3. These chapters in Genesis are so exciting to teach to children. So many things can be learned about Who God is, who God made us to be, and why we need a Savior. With this series I tried something new with an overview post for the series.
- Last month's Toddler Tuesday was 5 Things to Remember When Singing With Toddlers. This can be found on the new "Toddler" tab along the top of the blog page.
- A new teaching series about Jesus Christ's birth and childhood. After looking at Adam and Eve and why we need a Savior, it is so exciting to share with children about Jesus Christ.
- Toddler Tuesday - Praying with Toddlers.
- After going through Genesis 1, 2, & 3 you may want to review Who God is with the "I Can Know God" teaching ideas.
- Luke and I got to spend a day with our local Church learning what the Bible says about teaching and training children. I look forward to continuing to have God's Word guide us as parents.